Keep the Holidays Fire Free
In our opinion the final months of the year are a very joyous time of year! Flashing lights light up the night. Everyone is scrambling to get home for the holidays. With the holidays its is also reported that the number of home fires increase dramatically. SERVPRO of Allston, Brighton & Brookline wants to ensure this time of year remains joyous for you and your family. Below are simple tips to help prevent a fire.
These simple easy tips can prevent a fire from starting within your house this Christmas!
- If you have a Christmas Tree, always place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights, and keep the tree base filled with water to avoid a dry out.
- Make sure all your indoor and outdoor Christmas lights have been tested in a lab by the UL or ETL/ITSNA for safety, and throw out any damaged lights that are broken.
- Any lights you use outdoors must be labeled suitable for exterior placement, and be sure to plug them into a ground-fault circuit interrupter protected receptacle.
- Keep all your holiday candles away from your Christmas tree
- Bedtime means lights off! Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night.
- Fresh trees are less likely to catch fire, so look for a tree with vibrant green needles that are hard to pluck and don’t break easily from its branches. The tree shouldn’t be shedding its needles readily
After your tree starts to drop needles and some may turn brown it is time to say your last goodbye and throw it outside. These simple and easy facts can really be a lifesaver come the holidays. If there ever is a problem in your home call SERVPRO of Allston, Brighton & Brookline.