Did you know that an office or warehouse can be like a giant playground for mice and friends? Your office makes for excellent shelter for mice, its keeps them warm in cold weather and protects them from animals that are larger. To make matters worse, all the food that is left behind in an office and warehouse can lead to an all-you-can-eat buffet for these little critters.
Once there is one mouse, then becomes multiple... Mice and rats can do more damage to your office than meets the eye.
First, spread disease!
- Mice may be small animals but they can carry big diseases.
- Mice and rats can spread diseases through their droppings. Mice have no shame and will go anywhere they please, including your keyboard and phone. That would not be a pleasant way to start a Monday morning.
- Mice also like to urinate everywhere, especially in a new place. It lets them keep track of the places they’ve been and is a way of leaving messages behind for their friends.
Fourth, chew cables.
- Imagine coming into work one day and your computer does not turn on? Then imagine realizing that a mouse or rat had chewed through the cord to your computer…bummer.
Fifth, start fires.
- Mice chewing on wires in your office can lead to the potential to start fires. By chewing wires under your desk, the mice leave the rubber casing open, which can lead to them short circuiting and catching alight. Exposed wires are more prone to become in contact with water and as we all know water and electricity do not mix very well.
At the first sight of any of these things happening, make sure you call SERVPRO of Allston, Brighton & Brookline (617-903- 5055) to make sure your business is cleaned properly and prevent this problem does not happen again.