Don’t let your summer plans go up in flames! Simple ways to prevent a fire
Summer time is here and the last thing you want to deal with is a house fire! Some of the most common causes of fire damage are:
- Cooking equipment
- Careless smoking
- Electrical equipment
- Lawn Mowers
- Flammable liquids
Many cooking fires are caused by grease or oil that ignites while unattended. A lot of grill fires are caused by mishandled propane gas. Smoking indoor or outdoor and not properly putting out the bud can spark a fire. Also lawn mowers can build up flammable vapors and when combined with heat source go up in flames in your garage. Short circuits and electrical malfunctions can also cause a fire to start in a home.
The good news is that all of these causes of fire can be prevented. When cooking for large group have a designated cook who will watch over the food on the stove or grill until it has cooked and then properly shuts the stove or grill. Always grill outdoors and away from any structures. Have baking soda or a bucket of sand nearby in case you need to put out a fire. NEVER add water to grease fire. Try to smoke outdoors when you can, ensure the bud is completely put out by dipping in water or a bucket of sand. Check the batteries on your smoke detectors regularly. Also, keep flammables away from fire sources. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby!
Accidents happen, in the unfortunate event that there is a fire call 911 immediately and get to a safe location!
When the fire has been put out assess the damages to determine if you need to put in a claim with your property insurance carrier. Once complete begin the remediation process by reaching out to a professional like us! Although we cannot get what was lost back - Our job is to make it look like the fire never happened.
#Boston #SERVPRO #Allston #Brighton #Brookline #Fire #Homefire #electricalequipment
#firesafety #remediation #reconstruction