Mold and mildew can show up anywhere given the right conditions. What do you do?
Mold is a fungus that exists virtually everywhere and once you open your door, they can move right in. As a homeowner, it is important to understand where it can be found and how to control it. Basements and attics are the best places to catch these fungi - they lurk in areas that may have experienced a leak and spread out due to the spores released into the air. We have 5 tips you can use when you come face to face with mold:
- Fix any water leaks you may have ASAP (Including your roof!)
- Decrease humidity in your home to 30%-50% - as instructed by professionals
- You can do this by using air conditioners & dehumidifiers
- Remove any wet carpeting, bedding, or furniture that cannot dry within 24-48 hrs
- Open doors in the home to create air circulation and prevent moisture
- Dry any surfaces that are wet in the household
When faced with a mold issue, do not hesitate to give SERVPRO a call! We have the devices needed to ensure that the problem is handled with professional care, such as the HT-4000 Hygrometer, which our highly trained mold remediation specialists use to measure the humidity levels in the affected areas of your home. We are leaders in the restoration industry in both US & Canada and our expertise is number one - with 24/7 service by your side, there is always help on the way!