Flooded Basement in Boston, MA
This basement experienced water damage after the owner's large fish tank came crashing down! We're not sure if the fish are okay, but the floors were dried and restored!
When a large amount of water happens to leak at any given time, you do not want to wait after 48 hrs to fix the issue, as mold can become a major issue. You can follow these steps to prevent further damage to your property:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.